Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What bike do I need?
Do I have to wear a helmet?
What kit should I wear?
- Helmet (No helmet, no ride)
- Cycle shorts
- Cycling shoes or trainers
- Short or long sleeve sports top
- Waterproof jacket
- Cycle gloves
Is there an age limit?
Can teams enter?
How to pay?
If I cancel, can I get a refund?
On the day
Can I park at the start?
- Parking will be available at the race start in Lee Valley, this MUST be pre-booked and all permits visible on the dashboard on the day. The car park will be open Saturday 14th morning from 6.30 – 9.30am and close 8pm on Sunday 15th.
- An online booking form will be available and sent out to riders around March time
What time do I need to get there?
Each morning the start line will be open from 7.30am until 9.30am, so please make sure you arrive in plenty of time to get yourself ready before setting off. There will be staggered start times which will be sent out to you a couple of months prior to the event so make sure to check these so you know when to arrive.
How do I transport my bags from the start to finish?
How fast do I have to cycle?
Will there be mechanical support on the road? Should I bring a puncture repair kit?
Do I need to provide my own tent?
What time will I arrive at basecamp?
Are friends and family allowed to visit basecamp?
What is the basecamp address?
The basecamp is located at Ascot Racecourse. Those that are staying off-site are recommended to search for hotels nearby using this address: Ascot Racecourse, Windsor High St, Ascot, West Berkshire SL5 7JX